Painkiller addiction treatment in Portland, OR, can help residents stop the abuse before it worsens and they turn to harder drugs like cocaine or heroin. The rise in prescription painkiller addiction to drugs like Oxycontin, Demerol, and Percocet is due at least in part to our society’s relaxed views on drugs and alcohol. Individuals who take their prescription painkillers with alcohol or other drugs do so without any regard for addiction and its devastating effects. When addiction happens, help is available through painkiller addiction rehab in Portland, OR.
Painkiller addiction treatment in Portland, OR, supports men and women who form an addiction to their prescription painkillers and are ready to accept help with their recovery. Clients learn about the difference between dependence and addiction while therapists help them process the thoughts and feelings that led to their addiction. Clients will participate in group and private therapy sessions while receiving medication to minimize any harsh withdrawals or cravings. Find a painkiller rehab program in Portland, OR, today to discover all of the benefits of addiction recovery.
Talking with Your Loved One About Enrolling in Painkiller Addiction Treatment in Portland, OR
Talking with a loved one about their addiction may be difficult, but doing so can save their life. Prescription painkiller abuse will often lead to abusing other drugs and alcohol and cause significant physical and mental harm. Long-term addiction can cause heart attacks, stroke, certain cancers, liver/kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, and other life-threatening conditions.
Those who struggle with addiction will go to great lengths to hide this mental health illness from their friends and family. If you suspect a friend or loved one is abusing their prescription painkillers, look for these symptoms of painkiller abuse:
- Strong cravings for the painkiller
- Constricted pupils
- Nausea and vomiting
- High blood pressure
Painkiller addiction treatment in Portland, OR, supports clients who are abusing their prescription medication. They teach them the tools necessary to abstain from drugs and alcohol and maintain their sobriety long after completing the program.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Prescription Drug Rehab in Portland, OR
There are many benefits of enrolling in prescription drug rehab in Portland, OR, for those who are abusing their prescription and at risk of switching to harder drugs. Addiction treatment teaches clients about the dangers of addiction and helps them uncover any past trauma or experiences that may be fueling it. Here are just some of the benefits of enrolling in painkiller addiction rehab in Portland, OR:
- Clients will work one-on-one with a behavioral therapist to talk about why they became addicted to the painkillers and help them process any troubling thoughts or feelings. They learn how to focus on the present while developing important coping skills for managing their symptoms.
- During group therapy, clients will practice their coping skills in a supervised environment. They will participate in group discussions and activities that promote a healthy lifestyle and a better understanding of their feelings.
- Medication-assisted treatment helps reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings using medications that are approved for treating addiction. Medical staff will administer medications and make adjustments to the dosage as their symptoms begin to diminish.
- Another benefit of drug rehab is family therapy. Parents, spouses, siblings or children will be included in the recovery process and have a chance to vent any frustrations, mend broken relationships, and learn how to create a supportive home environment.
Painkiller addiction treatment in Portland, OR, is essential for those whose symptoms are causing significant disruption in their work and personal lives. If you know someone who is abusing their painkillers, talk to them about your concerns for their well-being before it is too late.
Talk to Your Loved One About Painkiller Addiction Rehab in Portland, OR
Crestview Recovery offers treatment programs tailored around each client’s unique symptoms and causes of painkiller addiction. Their behavioral therapists will work closely with you to establish trust and open communication so they can get to the bottom of the addiction and begin the healing process. They offer residential and outpatient treatment programs to assist you in every step of the recovery process.
Take that important first step to a better life today by searching for painkiller addiction treatment in Portland, OR, near you.